RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Brake shoe lining-If the shoe fits...

RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Brake shoe lining-If the shoe fits...

Manufacturers often publish the specs for the length of each lining for
front and rear wheels, front and rear shoe and specific models.  It is
likely the case of if the shoe fits a lot of cars, they may be a little
casual on precise length of the shoe.  Normally, one would find the spec in
the service manual, measure the new shoes and, if not close to correct,
return them.  You'll be told it doesn't matter, and it probably doesn't
matter much except maybe when  going down the grapevine with a load.

I took a brief peek at the spec's in the '58 service manual and only found
lining width and thickness, but the pictures showed full coverage of the
shoe.  I'd insist on that.

Whoa, Nellie.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA