[Chrysler300] Painting wheel cover centers

[Chrysler300] Painting wheel cover centers

Bob,

Thanks for the link to the new E News.  While there, I clicked on the wheel
cover articles and watched the repaint videos.

I have repainted many G wheel covers, and have found a method that is much
faster, easier, and gives a cleaner paint line than tape.  The method uses a
piece of thin plastic acetate sheeting, although you could also use paper,
say a brochure or flyer weight type..  Bring the ends of the paper or
acetate together to make a cylinder that equals the inside diameter of the
wheel cover.  Tape the point where the correct inside diameter is obtained.
Drop it into the cover, and spray down into the masking cylinder onto the
exposed cover surface.  Let the paint cure for a bit and repeat using the
same mask for each additional wheel cover.  Works great!  No fumbling around
with tape to try to get a crisp edge.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Bob J
Danville CA