  From: Mark Lindahl
  To: Mwl1967
  Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 7:46 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300K Leaf Springs - What Would You Do?

  Hi Rick,

  I had a sagging '63 300 Sport and I brought it to a local shop that replaces springs on large dump trucks, on busses, and other heavy vehicles.  I kept the same springs, but they just added the 7th leaf and they also replaced all the pads and hardware.  The 300 sits up slightly, maybe 1 inch, but rides very well.  Even with a load in the trunk, there is no sagging and no scraping when I back out of a tilted driveway.  You would be surprised in the added height you get just when you replace all the 6 pads.  The original springs made some noise due to the pads being worn out.  I assume the smaller tortion bars are on the front end.  The leafs may not be as bad as you think.  You may want to bring it to a shop for their opinion.  I think I only paid less than $200 about 10 years ago and it still sits up just fine.  I also bought a front stabilizer bar for the front and all is good on cornering.

  Mark Lindahl
  '63 300 Conv.