[Chrysler300] St Louie fireside ramblings #1 (just a litte late)

[Chrysler300] St Louie fireside ramblings #1 (just a litte late)

It was a dark and stormy night, opps I'm getting ahead of my self.
Ok Meanwhile back at the ranch. Nope, that's not back far enough.

I plead a bad case of 'Murphys Law" for the lack of the first days
brief travellog.
We Drove, we suffered, Like some of the other folks that we were
hoping to run across, we ended up with 4x60 air conditioning,
but we made it. Murphy struck harder later that evening when I
wanted to sit down and dash off a few lines.
No Juice for the new laptop computattor.
We had to wait until the morning trip out and about to score a
replacement juice box for the PC. I think I will ask the maker
for reimbursement for the 'on the road' fix as well as the
replacement of the broken doo-dad.

Never the less On to the reasons for this entry into the readers life.
We streaked down the highway for almost 4 hours. We were mildly suprised
to only see 2 State Highway patrol vehicles the entire way.
And in a sort of 'irony' situation one of them did have someone
pulled over, we surmized the Prius driver was caught going a tad
too fast. Humm, maybe he wasn't getting 450 miles per gallon at
those speeds.

Car Population report, for the entire drive we only saw 1 vintage car
on the road going our way OR the other way on the other side of the highway.
ONE, and it wasn't headed to the meet (that we know of, since it was a
72 Plymouth).

Its been a bit since the Wife and I have been to a meet so we had speculated
about the effect of the times, and the schedule of this meet might have
on attendance.

Rolled in, checked in, and off we went to meet and greet and catch sight
of the Cars here so far. We did get a chance to say Hi to those we knew
and had met at previous meets. I spied 9 letter cars, didn't include the
nice shape 300M Special. :-)

Monday morning, sees a bunch of early risers, (9:30 get collected and
ready to head out) off for the first organized 'field trip' (pop quiz
expected later). I don't think we lost anyone on the drive to the special
viewing that was arrainged. I think more details will be covered in the
Club Newsletter reportage.

Upon returning to the main Hotel lots of folks got lots of visiting done.
And then came the nights storms. At the time of this sending everyone had
only a heavy rain to worry about. The bad winds that struck west of us blew
by with a lot less ferosity. WHEW, a big breath of relief.
On a personal note, we know folks that live in the heavily damaged area and
are hoping to hear good news about them.
Meanwhile mother natures rumblings continue hear.

(please pardon any evident fat finger syndrome, I AM Not used to this new lappy)

asti my yawnna (or is that Hasta mañana?)

 Paul Holmgren

2 57 300-C's in Indy
Hoosier Corps #L6
CPUs run on smoke. I know this because when the smoke comes out, it stops
working.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: