Re: [Chrysler300] Pot metal restoration recommendations?

Re: [Chrysler300] Pot metal restoration recommendations?

Hi all:

I have a friend who was a high muckity muck with Fujitsu in Japan.  He
took some pieces from my 300F and had his factory plate them  They were all
plated under vacuum.  They look really nice and he said they would never  pit
as all the air had been drawn out with the vacuum.  Of course it would  be
too expensive to send pieces over to Japan.  But why don't companies  here
use vacuum technology?  I think Fujitsu uses vacuum to capture the  vapors
emitted by the plating process.

Dan Reitz
Bell Canyon, CA

In a message dated 8/6/2013 2:56:12 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,