Re: [Chrysler300] Oil vay…

Larry,

Has the engine been rebuilt recently? The reason I ask is that the sump is a pipe thread, meaning that it screws into the block and needs to be positioned so the pickup is in the correct part of the pan. Some people will get to "monkeying" with this back and forth and can actually crack the pipe (usually around where the threads stop on the pipe). If this occurs, it can cause a crack in the pipe and therefore it will suck air instead of oil.

Did you fill the new pump with oil before installing, as to prime it? (I know this is messy and lots spills out) Only other comment is try filling a new oil filter with oil and repeat starting procedures to see if pressure comes back.

Good luck,

Richard Osborne

On Aug 28, 2013, at 1:03 AM, Larry Jett <LarryWJett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Put the new oil pump in the CM27 today and cranked the starter for 30-40 seconds with no oil filter attached.  Not a drop dribbled out.  Oh yes, I put 5 quarts of oil in the crank before trying this.   This means that the problem runs on…..
> Larry Jett
> LarryWJett@xxxxxxxxx

> For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm

<*> Your email settings: