Re: [Chrysler300] Mufflers/C

Our management, even at the highest levels, (our founder an Board Chairman was a major university college professor of business)  was proud and encouraged using customer down payments as working capital to design new products. It sometimes made things really exciting in engineering when we realized we were unable to meet the specifications we had sold! I do agree with you it's a tacky thing to do. We did eventually get  into trouble with the FCC over our AM Stereo radio transmitters.  We also had a giant catalogue of products (like a Sears Catalogue of Broadcast equipment)  from which folks could things. We never saw the parts-they were all drop shipped from the manufacturer. Our cost was normally 1/3 of the retail price we sold them for. I also thought that was tacky, but I gratefully deposited my paycheck each week for 10 years!
Mike Moore