RE: [Chrysler300] Rear Seat Panels G-(convertible?)/300K gas tank sendin

RE: [Chrysler300] Rear Seat Panels G-(convertible?)/300K gas tank sending unit leaker

The flat panels are different in the 1964 due to a kickup at the rear to
follow the curvature toward the rear window.  I was able to obtain
convertible panels in poor shape, transplant the flat-top curved steel top
(with the quarter-window fuzzies) needed for the convertible to the tops of
the coupe panels, remove some of the bottom of the panels and they work just
fine in my '64 300K conv.  Of course, there are additional curved steel
panels used to create a space for the top hardware.  Manual window and power
window side panels were somewhat different.  I'm attaching a picture of a
coupe side panel set up for a power window switch and a picture of the side
panel installed in the convertible with the flat top of the panel-also set
up for p/w.

I hope this helps someone else in what to look for in differences between
convertible and coupe rear panels in other years.

The pictures are available to others if needed.  Rear panels for
convertibles are precious so I hope they find a good and grateful home.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

New problem today with our K conv.  After filling the tank for the first
time in over two years of restoration, a small leak developed in and around
the sending unit.  Back to the shop for diagnosis & repair.  May be
gasketing, clamps or just a leak through the sending/pickup unit itself.
The muffler guy spotted it and refused to run his torch under the car until
the leak was fixed.  Good call.  Just a heads-up to check for leaks after
sending unit R&R and after first fill.

RB