Re: [Chrysler300] 300C convertible trunk compartment inner panels

Ray,
    There is no front panel in the convertible trunk because of the aforementioned convertible top well area.  On the hardtop there is unfinished brown cardboard ahead of the rear seat braces.  300’ly, Rob Kern

From: Ray Melton
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 2:23 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300C convertible trunk compartment inner panels

Hello All –

The trunk compartment on my late father’s 1957 300C convertible has gray vinyl-covered cardboard panels on the sides and around the rear of the wheel wells, but nothing at the forward end – it looks right into the unfinished fabric side of the soft tan vinyl “tub” for the folded top.  This just does not seem right for a car otherwise so well trimmed – can anyone please tell me what (if anything) should actually be there?  Shape?  Material?  Color?  Embossing?  How attached?

Even if the consensus is that nothing was there originally, I am strongly inclined to have something made up in the same gray color and pattern as the sides, just to serve as a more finished forward bulkhead.  Might even go overboard and have the big “300/C” logo embossed into the center, like maybe the factory should have done!

Ray Melton

Las Cruces, New Mexico