[Chrysler300] Re: 63 64 Ram brake booster check valve

[Chrysler300] Re: 63 64 Ram brake booster check valve

Jim Krausman sent me a note late yesterday after he saw my post that that Jim had recalled a conversation that had occurred many years ago when former club member Doug Stair with a J, ran across that same problem, as he was trying to replace his check valve. The locally sourced check valves have a much larger diameter on the booster side of the valve and do not fit the vacuum line that runs down to the remote vacuum chamber. He found that an International Harvester part worked after he did some research, and had called Midland Ross. I am working on that now and will inform the club of my results. I have looked at all the part numbers that Raybestos, and Dorman currently make in their respective catalogs, all those parts have the much larger vacuum chamber end that is designed to fit into a bushing on the booster cover. The engine side of the valve is not an issue, as many valves provide a 11/32” standard manifold vacuum connection, we need a angled check valve that has the side that points toward the booster end that is ½ “ in diameter to fit the vacuum hose properly. I am sure that Dr. Crankshaft  would have had an answer to this problem.

Jamie Hyde