Re: [Chrysler300] Sub Frame Interchange

I sold a 64 subframe to a friend who needed it for a 62 and it worked for him.   Both were 122 wheelbase cars.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2014, at 10:06 AM, barjam300@xxxxxxx wrote:

Charlie,

I have changed a couple of sub-frames in my younger days but always stayed with the same year donor cars. In your case, I don't have a personal experance answer but in checking the frame dimensions listed in the '62 service manual for the Newport (Windsor was replaced by 300 Sport for '62) vs the '64 300 in the '64 service manual, they are the same. That does not mean they are identical, just that they will probably bolt up to mounting on the body shell. You may find that the bumper mountings are different between the two, etc.

My two cents worth based on service manuals.

Jim Bartuska in COLD Niles, Mi.