Re: [Chrysler300] version 6 for comment is up

Re: [Chrysler300] version 6 for comment is up

Bob,

That information about the 300L running light definitely has to be corrected.  The running light should not be connected to the headlamp switch.  It is connected to one end of the ballast resistor so it goes on with the ignition.  Hence the term "running light".

I'm sending this to the whole Listserver because it might be of interest to the greater 300 community.

I bought my 300L new and when I took delivery of the car, the running light went on with the headlight switch.  This was wrong, but it is a good thing it did.  There was a 21 cp lamp (bulb) in the socket.  So bright and hot it would have melted the L lens rather quickly if left on all the time the car was running.  The running lights were not hooked up at the factory because they were not yet legal in all states.  So the dealer had to connect it and just assumed that it was to be connected to the headlight switch.  Chrysler should have supplied instructions, but obviously my dealer was not aware of them.  The first thing I did was to put in a 4 cp lamp in place of the other.  Also put the wire from the light into one end of the ballast resistor.  Voila!  Light was on with the ignition.

So the light was designed to be on with the ignition, not the headlamp switch.

Don Warnaar
300L Consultant