Re: [Chrysler300] 1961 Chrysler master cylinder, where to find new?

Re: [Chrysler300] 1961 Chrysler master cylinder, where to find new?

Hi Phil,

I think you'll find that for the '61 model year, the brake master cylinder is common across all lines.  It's a single reservoir "suicide cylinder" that's available at Rock Auto, O'Reilly, Auto Zone and the like for around $60 - $75.  Stunning.  I seem to remember when I was just a punk kid in the mid 70s, these things were about $10 a piece......  :-)  My father owned a Western Auto store in the small Eastern Ohio town I grew up in.  I remember Champion spark plugs @ 59 cents on special and a quart of Western Auto WearWell straight 30 weight motor oil for about 69 cents when it was on special as well.  Not to mention all the other "accessory" goodies we sold.  It's no wonder I grew up gearhead.

Ok, it's late, and I'm now digressing.....

Best Regards,

TFM
'57 300C, '70 440+6 'Cuda in Ohio

>>> "P J IRISH hmpirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 6/30/2014 6:08 PM >>>

Hi 300fans - Phil Irish here,

1961 is not a year I know a lot about.  Any source info on brake master cylinders would be welcome.
Thanks - All the best 300ing!

Phil     -     hmpirish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted by: "Thomas Miller" <TFM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>