From: Ray Jones 1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rich Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>; Ray Jones <1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Charles Kreszock <kreszockcm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; 300 Club Listserver <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jul 3, 2014 8:42 pm
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Rear springs

Last I heard, the club still has a discount with Eaton Spring in Detroit.
Contact Jim Krausmaan for the details.
Ray

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM, 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mick:

We have a local shop that re-arches and rebuilds springs. There is probably
one in your neck of the woods that will take your car in, do all the R&R
labor along with the rebuild and re-arch. Unless one has severe corrosion
and/or broken leaves, and even then, this has always seemed to be a viable
fix. Options or package inclusions might be new shims, bolts, nuts,
sleeves, clamps/clips, shackles, 'tween-leaf insulators/anti-squeak,
U-bolts, shock mounts & etc. Other experiences/opinions welcomed.

I have seen both replacement spring sets and re-arched springsets set our
brutes up with a significant rake--requiring a do-over. I'd measure the
existing ride height at some designated place and note the specified ride
height with specified loading and give the shop the specs to hit. I've seen
these specs and locations from time to time, but can't reference them now.
A change in tires from OE bias to whatever you've found for your 300K will
probably affect these spec's. I've found our K to look a little wicked with
the slightly smaller Hankook P215/75R14's and somewhat tired old
seven-leafers. Picture attached. Whaddaya think?

Let me ask this question again on springs: When a spring rate is given for
the front or rear axle on a car such as 250 lbs./inch, is that spring rate
for each spring on the front or rear axle, or is it for the pair of springs?
I think it's the latter, but I have never been able to confirm this. In
other words, if one would add me (without my shoes) directly over the axle
with the 250 lbs./inch springs, would the chassis go down one inch, or 1/2
inch?

C300K'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA