[Chrysler300] RP-1403 1960 and 1961 Parking Brake Cable

[Chrysler300] RP-1403 1960 and 1961 Parking Brake Cable

Great news for all the club members that have been waiting for a new parking brake cable (Chrysler part number 1946413) for your 1960 to 1961 Chrysler 300s! As many of you already know, this cable, which also fits full-size Dodges, Plymouths, and Desoto’s, but not Imperials, is no longer available in the aftermarket replacement world. Some people will be asking, “hey what gives?” “I thought he said in the past announcements, that we were reproducing the 1960 to 1962 cables.” Well we are, just not all at once. It turns out that there are two cables that cover these model years. We discovered that because of the change to the aluminum torque-flite in 1962, that car has a slightly longer cable (Chrysler part number 2401345), making that cable a one-year only application. Thanks to Doug Warrener for pointing this out to me. We are working on the 1962 cable project now and I hope that cable project will be completed, and available as well for you 300H guys. Rather than wait for both of the cables to be finished, I wanted to let the membership know that the F and G cables have been completed, and they are in stock and available now. I have found a vendor who can reproduce the cables with the correct conduit. This has been a project that started and stopped many times, as I initially could not find a supplier who would even take on the project, or who would produce the cable with the correct twist of the conduit. Don Verity loaned the club an NOS cable that I sent to prospective fabricators for them to analyze and use as a guide for determining a quote. Don’s sample cable has a few miles on it now, after traveling across the country several times, so we have to thank Don for the use of his part, and for the detailed reports he wrote on the prototypes parts that I had the vendors send directly to him. We were able to adjust the fabrication to product a quality original appearing cable. This cable will only be available in the original steel conduit and not in stainless steel. Sorry but production costs and material availability were a factor in this decision. Sharp eyes will also note that the ferrules ends are just slightly different than the production cable. This is because the method of reproducing those ferrules no longer exists. Our attempts to reproduce the stamped ferrules would have resulted in the cables being priced way out of sight.  You must reuse the special adjusting nut at the pedal and the small stamped body fender clip from your old cable. The first production run is 25 cables and will only be offered to our club members at a discounted price of $75.00 including shipping in the continental USA., Overseas shipping will be higher. The normal wholesale unit price is $95.00 plus shipping so the vendor has given us preferred pricing on this run of parts. I see that  one vendor of NOS parts has 1946413 on sale for $235.00.  Now is the time to order RP-1403 1960 and 1961 Parking Brake Cable and take advantage of this special introductory pricing. Send a check for $75.00 to the Chrysler 300 Club International at PO Box 40, Benson, MD 21018-0040. The next run of cables will be priced higher, so act now!   Picture of the new 60-61 cable is on the clubs website.

http://www.chrysler300club.com/rcm/repop/pbc.html

Jamie  Hyde

585-465-0067 cell

Posted by: Jamie Hyde <Jamie.Hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>