[Chrysler300] '66 Chrysler 300

With my retirement last spring, I’m reducing my collector cars from a peak last year of 9 cars, to about 4. Since they’re all really good cars and I can’t decide which ones to sell, I’ll let the market decide which ones go and which ones stay.

I’m therefore offering my ’66 Chrysler 300 for sale, hopefully to a Club member who appreciates these cars.

It’s a Patriot Blue (navy blue / called Regal Blue in Canada) 2 door hardtop with white vinyl roof, white vinyl bucket seats and floor shift console interior.. Carpet, dash pad, door panel accents etc. are black. Engine is the 383 4 bbl with Torqueflite. Body condition is exceptional - not a mark or rock chip anywhere; side panels likewise perfectly straight and unmarked.. Engine bay is completely clean, valve covers still have all their paint. Purchased in 2012 from Volo Cars, who bought it from a Kentucky estate a few months earlier. Odometer shows 82,000 miles, which could be actual based on the condition of the car (pls see note below)

In 2013, I spoke with the previous owner’s widow. She didn’t know much about the car, other than he owned it from about 1990 to 2012. She confirmed the car was not painted while in his possession, so could be original paint. A local body shop couldn’t find evidence of a repaint and thinks it was clearcoated to protect the original paint.

Other options include (cold) air conditioning, trunk lid release in glove compartment, vacuum gauge on console, remote driver’s mirror and passenger side mirror, factory retractible seat belts, hazard flasher, rear speaker, light package including fender signal indicators, as well as power steering, power drum brakes, and AM radio, which were standard. Everything works except the clock.

Interior is very good; padded dash, carpet and door panels are excellent; seats are starting to show some wear with a split seam in one front seat and one in the rear seat. Steering wheel has cracks. Car has been trouble free except for a replacement heater core, exhaust manifold gaskets, and 5 new Diamondbacks in 2017 (225/70R 14” BF Goodrich TA’s with 1/2 inch whitewalls).

The car runs smoothly and is a great highway cruiser at 70 mph. Includes Certicard, original broadcast card, original Chrysler Corp. brass and leather key fob, and Chrysler Historical Production Report..

Note re Mileage: the odometer broke shortly after I purchased the car in December, 2012. Jeff Carter repaired it this spring. As such, it ran during the summers of 2013 to 2018 with the odometer broken. With nine old cars and now 6, I drive each of them about 300 - 500 miles per year. Therefore, over 6 summers, the Chrysler probably has 1,800 to 3,000 miles on it not recorded on the odometer. As such, the 82,000 miles showing on the odometer is likely more like 85,000. (Summers here are nice but short - collector car driving season is May 1 to October 15 at best, so they don’t get driven much.)

Asking US$16,000. Photos available on request off list server. Car is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I can arrange enclosed shipping and customs clearance to return the car to the US, or enclosed shipping across Canada.

(If interested - I also have for sale a fully restored 1966 gold 383 Torqueflite Dodge Charger (Hemmings website ad #2192304) and a documented 62,000 mile dark green 1970 Brand X GS455 (Hemmings website ad #2298131). Both cars have black bucket seat / console interiors.)

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Hopkins
403 660-0505