Re: [Chrysler300] roof panel retention strips, Chrysler/Dodge

Beck in 1985 I saw a white G owned by George R that had a white peg board type headliner panels,

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, October 4, 2019, 7:13 PM, dverity@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Headliner panels? All the Chryslers I have worked on have stainless bows with a vinyl headliner. I think 58 300 and some Plymouth and Dodges used panels, but the biggest users were station wagons.
Don

Sent: Friday, October 04, 2019 1:58 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] roof panel retention strips, Chrysler/Dodge

Hi,

First thanks to all for recent help by several in club on 67 Dart full nose parts, still looking (accident)  ;

Now, I am looking for the snap in plastic strips that are often hardened by age and break easily when trying to remove,  to repair 300 roof or headliner panels . They hold the perf cardboard style roof panels onto the hidden bows, and sometimes used with other roof designs too.

We were  able to salvage 90 % of last car I did (strips), , 57 Dodge, came from Montana, cold weather may help preserve, but present car 62 Chrysler from southwest, they are baked solid, snap . After fighting this on 57, I vaguely remember accidentally finding a source for these somewhere, later?? . (or wishful thinking) .

Anyone know about that source? We should for sure add this to reproduction parts list, if not made somewhere, as you cannot put headliner back up without it? Some are metal finished and some are cream colored plastic. Latter is great if you have nothing otherwise. Also used in all mopar 57 up to XX?

By the way, you can reinforce warped panels with 2-3  thin oak strips ( about size of paint stirrer) glued to back, and then lightly spray front with rattle can. Comes out great. If you have strips to put it back up.

Posted by: Val Jeffers <edward1108@xxxxxxxxx>