RE: [Chrysler300] 2208406 Mufflers 300 Sport

The difference here is that this was Gary's sole source of income (AFAIK). Quirey has a successful design business. They bought Gary's inventory as a side venture. Glad they were able to step in and keep this parts source going.

Ron

From: John Grady [mailto:jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 10:28 AM
To: Ron Waters
Cc: Jamie Hyde; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 2208406 Mufflers 300 Sport

I am not sure we should even look for that ; we are so fortunate to have this stuff made right , —And they need to make a living .... not exactly a booming $ future in making 300 letter car mufflers . ??

We should give him a club bonus to make something new that is needed. Or avoid cancellation of a low volume item. The upfront cost / investment is brutal .. I have 500 J (and other apps  ) chrome hubcap centers , sold maybe 12.=  I know the problem . Q is not in business to give us money .  This is not like buying AA batteries at the lowest price. I often wondered how Gary did what he did , 1000 parts and reasonable too .

90$ for a correct muffler for an $ 80,000 car is a steal , for those wanting that level . I am in middle of 61 wagon resto with JY , Quirey REALLY came through on a lot of stuff . Some obviously improved , even. Waldron exhaust too, specific to wagon, perfect . Now,  I cannot  get big fixed wagon rear side window gaskets . Unobtanium. So now what ?   Carefully consider  the problem there , tens of K into it. ? A taste of the 300 future ? As years pass you too will not be able to get 300 parts , and restorations of the real good 300’s are now all done . No more 125$ parts cars . No more  parts cars period. =  Smaller future volume for repro guys , =!unobtainable ! or no parts . Especially rubber. I am super grateful for Quirey , want him to do at least ok . Even better than OK. Worth thinking about  a subsidy imho .
I have a standing offer of 800 for the three wide trim pieces on leading edge of convert roof 57-59 mopar . 15 years no results.
John g
Sent from my iPhone not by choice