Re: [Chrysler300] A few questions.....

Hi Rob, aluminum 727 TF does not bolt to 413. Unless crank / engine is 62 up . Or put 62 up 413 or 440 crank in the early block . Flange projection out of block changed . Gets complicated . Starter mounted to aluminum block spacer plates are used on cast iron . No flex plate on cast iron , converter totally different mount . Have done this , on 440 , into 60 , but in retrospect with really good  cast iron torque flights from Don Verity , you are way way ahead with keeping old one all stock stuff if a pre 62 413. . E brake , park position issue etc .plus all this .  I believe 62 -63 trans is best fit  car  , has two operating cables ( 63, Park and shift , do not use park )  I am not familiar with cable operated later than 63 . But there is a fellow in Vt makes various adapters , but I do not think for this .
The one  we did do was 63 trans , 440 , E body rear in 6O car .  E body 8 3/4 gets you e brakes in back , fits . Special driveshaft , front adapter to special 4 bolt flange . No Detroit joint .
Just sayin .. looking back , yes , 727 better , but unless really racing , really not that much better . And CI keeps your plymouth pseudo original . Cast iron HD survived in a heavy 300 after all .
I changed my mind .. once felt just like you do . Been  there , throttle linkage just one of 14 issues. Ratio wrong at top of throttle arm too .  Shift cables E brakes , speedo Your call . 3x the work. **
John

PS a best friend had brand new , a 383 ram 61 plymouth wagon . Stick. I was with him when he picked it up . Took care of a very fast 57 Pontiac giving us hassles . His brother had a 1 4 bbl stick black 60 sport fury , 361 or 383 , about same ability
** tried a second time trying to get a gear vendors OD into an F .requires Al case  Early aluminum cable torqueflight has a rear pump . That pump interferes with Gear Vendors OD . Spent a year on that  , cannot be done . Long story . Went a different way , long story too..
nice project ...
Sent from my iPhone not by choice