{Chrysler 300} dash lights

I recently sent Bob Merritt some info on headlight switches ( you can often fix the dimmer function — if not burned open by a short — typically in the dash light sockets  where wire leaves back - orange wires) .
I included a schematic of the switch i drew from testing and working  on it , a 57-59 rotary switch as it happened , and earlier I had done the same for a 60   pull type . ( there are two pull variants) Same functions . The FSM only shows the rear of 57-59 switch and not what it does inside and also sometimes not enough detail of where wires go .. the FSM drawing is sort of generic . The switch has stamped letters but you cannot read them in place in the car and a total frustrating bear to get it out just for that .  A better drawing helps , (although mine are not those of an artist .)

So put it back in car and no dash lights . But switch seemed ok . Now it gets interesting , on FSM there is a terminal on headlight switch confusingly labeled “ign “. But no wire on it on print . Or in my car = Why ign on headlight switch ? ?

yet on print it shows IGN word there with no wire .

looking further inside switch , it is a source of power to dash lights(!) . no fuse. Yet on other switches (60) some have  that connection already jumped to tail light connection by a copper   band .
So apparently some cars the dash lights come or came on with ign on only ? maybe also That little bulb in some key switches is related to this, i have not seen that one always on print too , although that one may be by door switch ?
other cars the dash lights just come on with tail lights no connection to ign is made .
The PO apparently in frustration connected the orange wires to the tail light wire on this car , big splice I took away .    Now no lights(!) .
So see if your dash lights come on only if ignition is on ? if so a wire from ign is missing on the print , ( and my car) from 12v ign back of gauge to I terminal . ( sometimes ) but if wired when not needed ,  taillights would come on with ign(!) .And turning on taillights  would turn on ignition !
This extra wire if set up that way offers an opportunity to put a 2-3 amp fuse there to protect dimmer , other end to tail lights? or ign .
This is general info , but possibilities for confusion in a full resto  are endless .just  Ask me!
comments welcome !

john g
Sent from my iPhone not by choice

--