Re: {Chrysler 300} 1957 300C front carb (2534S)

If you send me pictures. I will compare to parts I have including Cadillac carbs.

Get Outlook for Android

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Henry A. Mitchell III <hamlll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 11:55:14 AM
To: '300 Club' <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} 1957 300C front carb (2534S)

A while back I asked in a post about ideas regarding the poor idling of my 300C. I have come a long way since then. I have discovered that there are a few cracks in the primary side of the front carburetor (2534S) around the pump well area at the bottom of the bump-out that houses the accelerator pump. I know the cracks have been there a while because, during a rebuild, the entire primary was closed off to avoid a gas leak. That would definitely affect the idle. The cracks are confined to what the book calls “the main body�, which is the middle of the three sections that make up the carburetor. The 1957 300 Service Bulletin shows that “The four-barrel carburetors are of the same basic design as those used on the C-76 Models� which is the New Yorker (2590S). The parts book shows that the 1957 Imperial and the 1958 New Yorker also interchange (2590S and 2448S).

Does anyone have a cannibalized or otherwise mangled carburetor from a 1957 or 58 New Yorker or Imperial that they would be willing to sell? The grungier the better because I only need one part: the middle section or main body of the carb.

Visually, there appear to be other differences between the 2590S and the 2534S that the Service Bulletin does not mention, but I will deal with those as they come.

OR….Does anyone know of a gasoline-resistant material that I can safely use to patch my poor WCFB 2534S?

Does anyone know of a different auto manufacturer that used a similar WCFB carburetor that interchanges with the 2590S/2534S. Corvette, for instance?

Henry Mitchell

300C

Avast logo

--