Re: {Chrysler 300} Exhaust 300K

I got two systems from Waldrons. Actually on my 300F, I didn't get the head pipes from them as the car already had stainless headpipes sourced through the club back in the 1990s. I got stainless from there back. Different kind of stainless from the club pipes but a lot better made. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong tailpipes and refused to do anything about it (at first). They just said that there was something wrong with my car and my installation. I sent them loads of pictures of the correct original tailpipes and theirs, as well as documentation from parts books listing the lengths. After a while they just quit responding to me. But surprisingly, a year later, they sent me "correct" tailpipes without any kind of communication from them. In fact I had moved and they sent them to my old house. I was excited to get them and they looked like they would fit, but again, had problems. The bend over the axle is wrong so they hit the body. I still have the original tailpipes in the car until I can get it to the exhaust place to have new ones made, or the ones they sent me corrected.

Now, when I got my 1960 New Yorker wagon, it was missing everything in the middle of the car, all four mufflers and the pipes. Just portions of the head pipes and some of the tailpipes. I bought an aluminized set from Waldrons, basically because the car didn't run and without having anything original to go by, the muffler shop I use would have just had to make it up, even though patterns are available. Plus it looked like Waldrons was the only place that made the short resonators needed. It all fits pretty well, except one tailpipe needs adjusting so it doesn't hit the frame next in the rear.

I will say that their parts are well made with good welds and the mufflers are custom made in Canada and seem fine. I still haven't driven the wagon but the 300F sounds good with the stock muffler spec. The car had glasspacks on it when I got it and it was loud.

I know other people have had good luck with Waldrons. They can just be cantankerous to deal with if you have an issue.

NIck