{Chrysler 300} 1964 lower sill trim nylon clips (A possible solution) an

{Chrysler 300} 1964 lower sill trim nylon clips (A possible solution) and the 300K grill clips.

It will be a few weeks until I know for sure.  But I think I have produced a solution for the non-existent lower sill clips.

Chrysler used a nominally 5/16 hole for those. I have found a clip that is identical to factory clip except it uses a 1/4-inch hole. These have the nylon rivets in the middle. I have found a plastic plug that fits into the 5/16 hole and can be drilled, a PITA, to ¼ inch. One must take off the little foam seal in the nylon clip as the head of the plug sticks up a little. The fit is so tight that the foam seal probably is not needed but one could put a dab of silicon on it one wanted to.

I have done the prototype and used a drill gauge to test it all. It works. I have 40 plugs and 30 clips on order. Once I get it on the car, in a couple of weeks, I will report back.

On the grill clips that are non-existent a neighbor who is out of work and has been doing odd jobs with his scanner and 3D printer is going to see if ne can print the clips for the 300K front grill. We shall see.

Best all, James

--
---