{Chrysler 300} RE: 1964 headliner - need assistance from someone with a

{Chrysler 300} RE: 1964 headliner - need assistance from someone with a 300K

No one out there with a 300K hard top and a tape measure?

James

From: 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2024 08:49
To: Chrysler 300 List Server (chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} 1964 headliner - need assistance from someone with a 300K

Hello,

The headliner shop is refusing to take the one they provided back and issue a refund. They insist on me sending it back for them to “fix”. So, short of going through the hassle of a charge back I need to send it back and wait again.

What I need is someone to take a very good tape measure and give me the centerline distance between the exposed bows and then from the rear exposed bow to the rear “hidden bow”. Preferable at the center and another measurement at the edge.

As I measure their new headliner, I am getting inconsistent measurements  on each pleat at the center and at the edge. I also noted after exhaustive measurements that someone hand cut the cardboard strips for the external bows and did not get them even. Multiple widths even on one cardboard strip. Most of the strips are too wide to facilitate sliding the bow on.

I measured my old one that I took off around the first of the year, it is not tattered just getting stiff, with one seam starting to go on the hidden bow. My measurements are sufficiently different that I need someone to measure theirs and get back to me. The old one will shrink once off the car. But how much is the question.

In any event, unless the maker can get cardboard that is straight, parallel on the edges and the correct width there is no way that a headliner will install correctly nor the test of time. It also need to be sewn straight which this new one is way off compared to the factory headliner.

Thanks, James

--
---

--