Re[3]: {Chrysler 300} 1963 300J on eBay

------ Original Message ------
From "Carl Bilter" <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>
To "Matt Allyn" <allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx>; "James Douglas" <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc "dan300f" <dan300f@xxxxxxx>; "Chrysler 300 List Server (chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date 4/4/2024 1:47:27 PM
Subject Re[2]: {Chrysler 300} 1963 300J on eBay

Hey fellas,

Sorry that I am late to party on responding to this thread - my email sever was dead.

This J has been for sale since Sept. of 2022 at at various asking price points. - ranging from a high of $75k to the current ask of $55k.  The reason it has not sold, I suspect, is because there is no J on the planet that is worth that much, like it or not.

The seller is a dealer/flipper who bought the car at auction in CA in 2022 for FMV at that time.  He contacted me regarding the car at that time and I provided some history and brief assessment.  I have not seen the car in person, but I have some photos from someone who has seen the car when went it went through Mecum Monterey.  The car had a complete color change to black sometime prior to 2011.  The car presents well but is not really concours quality.  There are numerous small details on the car that are incorrect.  Most could be easily corrected.  The seats were likely Goers.  The J seat leather is extremely difficult to replicate and we have found at least a couple examples of J seats done by Gary that have turned somewhat brown over the years.  Not intentional of course; Gary did the best he could with materials available at the time.
The air cleaners are simply painted the wrong color.

The likely reason there are no undercarriage photos is because the undercarriage is not restored to the level of the rest of the car.  Here is one photo form underneath:

The VIN that was listed is correct.  Here is a photo:

Carl B.

--
---