Re: {Chrysler 300} A/C Hoses

Also James you do not send your hoses out.  You cut them to fit your application and connect them with the tools they recommend  you purchase and special fittings. You estimate how long in total the length of #10 and #8 hoses  (different diameters for high and low pressure routes) you will need and cut them to size for where they need to to be installed in your system. You can do it yourself or have your Auto A/C technician do it!  Rob Kern

On Apr 19, 2024, at 12:02 PM, Rob Kern <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

James,
I highly recommend the EZ-Clip hose connection system from Vintage Air Products in San Antonio, TX.  I experienced hose leaks for 10 years with the crimp on fittings and had no end of trouble.  Forget the $$$$ that evaporated into the atmosphere with the refrigerant!! I had a totally new  Vintage Air system with additional Old Air Products Dual blower rear trunk mounted unit installed in November, 2023.  I researched the hose fitting set up and hoses with the Vintage technicians and followed their advice and went with the EZ-Clip system! Very easy to install, especially not having to “clock” the hose fitting locations for the various components that require hose connections. The hoses also are barrier type design with less porosity for any refrigerant to permeate.  They offer for purchase the cutting tools for the hoses and the special pliers to apply or release the hose clamps that doubly apply pressure at each hose junction fitting. When fully charged after the 2 day installation process there was no leaks whatsoever!  I have been driving the C now going on 6 months with total satisfaction! Check it out and call tech support at Vintage Air. I think you will be satisfied!  300’ly, Rob Kern (enjoying year round drive time in OK due to this new hose and connection system)

On Apr 19, 2024, at 10:24 AM, Gary <garythepartsdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

James, Try https://www.classicautoair.com/. In the past I bought old a/c parts for my 57. They do make new reproduction hoses.

Garythepartsdoc

Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 11:23 AM
Subject: {Chrysler 300} A/C Hoses

Anyone have a good source for A/C hoses?  I really do not want to send my old ones out to some company I have never used before. Locally in Northern California I am finding only hose houses that want to use the modern push on fittings and not crimp fittings.

Since I am doing a stock A/C with R12, I do not want any possible leaks now or in 10 years.

Anyone who has any recommendations, I would like to hear about them.

James
--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---