From: "Dan Plotkin" <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Henry Schleimer" <henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Noel Hastalis" <cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tom Wilburn" <tomwilburn1@xxxxxxxxx>, highoctane300h@xxxxxxx
Cc: "Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2024 9:28:20 AM
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} 300 F on eBay

Henry-

There was no clear coat until about 1977 when Ford used it on the Lincoln Versailles. Previous to that metallic paint had metal particles small enough to be used and buffed without a clearcoat. Today’s metallic particles are too big and clear over it is just about mandatory. I worked with a close friend and a restoration shop on a 58 Fleetwood in which the owner wanted to avoid the color changes that occur in bright sun on some metallic. Regardless, today clear is used over metallic otherwise it can’t be properly cut and buffed.

Danny Plotkin