{Chrysler 300} Trim Replacement

The patient is a 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible.  I took the rocker trim off a couple of years ago for some rust repair.  Now I'm a little puzzled how to put it all back on.

There are little rivets protruding from the car body that the plastic trim mounts hook into.  the plastic mounts side into the actual trim.  I am not sure if I should put the plastic mounts on the car and try to slide the trim pieces on over them, or put all the mounts in the trim pieces and try to line them up with all the little rivets at the same time.  At least one of them looks to have been pop riveted to the car by some previous owner.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of one method or the other

Thanks,

Bill Huff

--
---