Re: {Chrysler 300} Amazon.com MOTOR METER RACING Swing Arm Type Universa

Re: {Chrysler 300} Amazon.com MOTOR METER RACING Swing Arm Type Universal Fuel Level Sender Float 0-90 ohms Suitable for Depth 5-27 Adjustable

I believe the pickup tube is where the float is attached,. just like what's in our cars now.

On Thursday, May 16, 2024 at 03:49:32 PM EDT, ROBERT HAAG <scooter465@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Where is the pick up tube?
Bob Haag

On May 16, 2024, at 3:27 PM, RICK AND DEBBIE CLAPHAM <rixpac@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks like the old 1800 cornbinder

Get Outlook for Android

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2024 1:13:10 PM
To: chrysler 300 club <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Amazon.com MOTOR METER RACING Swing Arm Type Universal Fuel Level Sender Float 0-90 ohms Suitable for Depth 5-27 Adjustable

--
---
Amazon.com MOTOR METER RACING Swing Arm Type Universal Fuel Level Sender Float 0-90 ohms Suitable for Depth 5-27 Adjustable.jpeg
Hey, guys  .. found this , it is a great thing ; it comes 0-90 ohms but you can flip it over to get 90-0 ( does not say that anywhere but i did it ) we are 90 ohms empty close to zero full ( 10 ohms I think ) we don’t  care too much about F but sure care about E .
So I made a mistake started copying bends etc on stock unit . Not too  swift of me; then realized that cannot work . So when all else fails , read the directions .
The way this  works the arm always moves 90 degrees , so pivot has to be in middle of tank depth . so that is 1/2 full it moves up and down equally from there . Many oem have pivot up high and bent arm but then travel cannot be 90 degrees as At E float might then hang straight down ( !) which i did in error by putting pivot where oem was and tried bending arm . All wrong . read directions ( lookin at myself)

so pivot half way in tank easy , after flip over , then arm is just straight you cut it for total travel of arc up and down . They give you a nice chart for those lengths , just measure depth of tank where float will be
Really well made variable resistor,  much better quality than stock , real springs pushing contact , not bent sheetmetal —and only 25$ . plus you can slide arm in and out get E perfect if you want to fuss around .
huge problem solved ! ( does not fix poorly calibrated gauges , but this end can be right)   Will have to remount to mopar disc , that’s easy .
awwwright !
john g
Sent from my iPhone

--