From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: September 10, 2024 8:02 PM
To: Henry Schleimer <henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Jean-Yves Chouinard <jymopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>; john begian <r2gthawk@xxxxxxxxx>; Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Bob Merritt <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ed Cornish <ncrdawgn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} power front windows , C , D , maybe E?

hi ,
more data on this , whole  thing out of car going to get to bottom of it ( literally)
Ed and Ron had a very good point ; now we see two things are going on. The aftermarket U with flocking we are often using is i think made for much thinner glass or even a metal thin rub  strip on a  glass edge maybe for  brand x .
if you put bare 300 glass into it on a  bench it literally snaps on hard , and then trying to slide it at vent is close to impossible .

So we need to look into — is  what Gary / Quirey  etc is shipping / used to ship correct stuff ? Simple test , place it over glass edge see if it slides freely . .

This side of U  friction does not cause the binding at top , but adds a very high drag at all times . Way way too tight . Ron was right , Ed was right . I grossly underestimated that impact . Sorry .

Second the vent window frame does in fact  bolt hard against door end with a bolt by design ; there is no end to end adjustment with door possible at vent window  end , only tilt in and out . This says gap at windshield frame is a hinge adjustment issue ( only) as is overall angle of door in 3 D and fit at windshield post .
The idea of shortening window tab might work but that part is really smooth now for slipping easily  and chromed . Better left alone is our reaction . And window will hit painted edge if carried very far . May impact fit to rear window too . Better left alone
We have two old run channels they had very thin or no flocking  at bottom of U and almost zero flocking now ,if they ever had any at bottom . OEM tape at bottom has longitudinal features not flocking , maybe some plastic slide bearing attempt ? in any event it was in my car now , on rear strip   I think the original piece was reused . It is ok to reuse  . So front vent U thick flocking both pushed it back to jam it and caused a bad friction drag as width opening in U is too small . Ron had it right .
But at bottom of U in front and back the  sliding motion  brings to mind double sided teflon rub tape we  used in industry , might make the  fit ok along long axis and slide ok too ,  with something like the thinner “ velcro” flocking on only two sides of old U , much closer to oem factory thickness .
Bottom line the thick flocking in the replacement channel has a pile of negative impacts . ( hah a joke) ( sad one)
Ron do you have info on your velcro

I am going looking at teflon tape
I could not get flocking out of repro U but stock flocking on tape came out very  easily . so save the metal U for reuse till we get metal U with thin flocking hopefully ( Jamie?)
Thanks to all , report later !
looks like you can fix your old U along lines Ron was discussing
John