Re: {Chrysler 300} Re: '64 center console removal

Here's Bob's video on removing a 300J console. I know it doesn't have a shifter but the procedure is probably pretty similar.

https://youtu.be/M-PERg4WY_c?si=zN_AydiCrg2MzQZG

On Tue, Sep 10, 2024 at 11:32 AM Kevin deGraauw <kdegraauw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You will have to remove the top console plate and unscrew the 4 screws holding the shifter assembly to the console plate frame. Remove the shifter ball first of course. Then you can carefully tuck the shifter underneath the frame as you lift the console shell up. It is in fact attached to the cables, but even disconnecting them down below wouldn't help you because they still come through the floor pan. Should be just enough slack to do so.

Ps- unplug the shifter reverse light switch plugs and the console main wiring harness plug towards the back as well. The harness stays clipped to the underside of the console plate frame if you can unplug the above successfully- no need to strip it all out of there.
Kevin

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2024 12:18:13 PM
To: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} '64 center console removal

Hi All,

Working in the 90F sun on the drive way pulling the seats and console.  I have all the screws out and it will not move much.  Please tell me there is enough room to lift it up and get the carpet out WITHOUT having to remove the shifter cables from under the car…

I got it to move a little, but something is holding it back and I do not want to hurt anything…

James

--
---

--