RE: [59plymouth] QUESTION ON ROOF STAINLESS

59 must have been the changeover year (I hope so) a much easier and better sealing way of doing things compared to the 57-58 way with holes and mounting clips.. I know the 1960 and later cars were put together as you mentioned on the ht bodys..
BHWINC

Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:07:13 -0800
From: tom.fox@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [59plymouth] QUESTION ON ROOF STAINLESS
To: ive2manytoys@xxxxxxxxxxx; mortond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 59plymouth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If my memory is still serving me well, the roof stainless pieces will come off without removing the headliner.  If you remove the rubber weather-strips that the windows roll up into, this will expose screws that hold the stainless in place.  There will be lots of sticky caulking to deal with as there are literally "glued on", but they will come off.  You might want to consider replacing the rubber weather-stripping while it is apart.  Gary Goers has these as well as other suppliers.  Good luck.
Tom Fox