List of Questions for the list

HI,

Over the past 30 months I have been amazed at the knowledge level of the
list members and I have even had the chance to add a few tidbits now and
then.  Well, now I have a few questions that I need guidance on.

1)  Was there any black paint (flat or otherwise) behind the grill on
the sides of the rad support to act as a blackout area on a 64 Dodge B
body?  I think that the actual piece that goes across over the rad is
painted body colour but what about the surfaces behind the inner
headlights?

2)  I have a Poly engine with the ident "1926" below the left head on
the front surface of the block.  What does it mean?  It may be a truck
engine but I want to know for sure.

3)  I was cleaning my auto tranny this evening and found the markings
"130" in paint on the tail section just at the speedometer cable
entrance.  What does the paint marking mean?

4)  What colour should the oil pan be on the Poly?  I have what I've
been told is a close red colour (International Harvester Red) but think
that the pan should be black?  Please confirm.

5)  The auto tranny was painted Poly red for most of the bell housing.
How much of the tranny should be painted?  Is there a definitive place
to tape to?

Thanks for your patience with my questions.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario