Re: Dual Master Cylinder Proportioning Valve

Re: Dual Master Cylinder Proportioning Valve

That is correct, the block is a distribution block and a valve that senses
pressure from both the front & rear portions of the master cylinder. As long
as both are working the check valve remains in the center position and a
Brake Failure light will be Off. If there is a loss of pressure in either
the front or the  rear system then the check valve moves out of the center
position and the the Brake Failure light is On. All you need to do is add an
idiot light on the dash and contact the other side to 12  volts . The master
cylinder you use would be one for drums front & rear if there are no changes
to the original brake system. If you change the front to disc brakes then
use a different master cylinder and a proportioning valve because the disc
brakes require a different amount of fluid and line pressure to react at a
similiar rate to the rear drums. The proportioning valve allows a bmore
uniform apply rate of the disc front brakes & the drum rear brakes.

But as the article in the Mopar Action states the valve isn't really needed.
Just something to add to make it look original, even thought the 65 and
earlier cars did not have a dual master cylinder. Just an enhanced safety
feature.

Max Wedge Gene ----- Original Message -----