RE: ??carb?? 1971 360??1965 barracuda??performance???internal materials?

RE: ??carb?? 1971 360??1965 barracuda??performance???internal materials??

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future ? degrees, financial aid and more!
caab8Lbb7yoMza/ College Info

The new holley's and demon's are supposed to be near as EZ to tune.

If you're looking for the best bang for the buck, the Demon Jr (600CFM)
or even a speed demon 650 or 750 almost as cost effective, and you get a
little better performing carb.

If you are camming up that 360, you'll probably want something bigger
than a 600, I'd suggest you call three big carb manufacturers, explain
your setup and what you are looking for and ask for their
recommendations.  Then pick between the three.

http://www.demoncarbs.com
http://www.holley.com
http://www.edelbrock.com

BTW: I replaced the Edelbrock on my 440 with a Holley 770 Street Avenger,
for the same cost as the an Edelbrock AVS would've cost.  I havent broke
the engine in yet, but that is coming soon.

On my dart, I kept the original AFB, though.  :-)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:22:31 +0000, "Dustin Cloud"
<hell_fish_65@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> With a mostly stock 360, I would use a 600 CFM carb of your liking. I
> perfer
> the Edlebrock myself, but it your good at tuning Holleys go with one of
> those.
>

> Dustin
> http://www.crcmotorsports.com
>
> 65 Barracuda "Commando V8"
> http://www.angelfire.com/rant/hellfish65/
> http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/dustinc.html
>
> For Sale:70 Swinger
> http://www.angelfire.com/rant/hellfish65/swinger.html
> http://www.showyourauto.com/am/listings/l0041.html
>
> "If it jams force it, if it breaks it needed fixing anyway."
>

> >  OK, I have a 1971 360 motor which stock came out with a 2 bbl horsepower
> >rating of 255 @ 4400 rpm, and torque at 360 @ 2400 rpm. Now, it has a
> >performer
> >intake, and I plan on putting on a 4 bbl but still need suggestions on
> >which
> >one would be best for a quick street car. I am told that it's not so much
> >how
> >much gas is dumped in, rather the air-flow gas mixture which makes an
> >engine
> >quick. How can I cheaply and safely get more horsepower, and maybe torque
> >out of
> >this motor, and what would be the best carb to use? I read that it is not
> >always better to use a double pumper, but rather a good vacuum advance
> >instead,
> >maybe a 750 cfm, rather than a 600 double pumper. I want response, and
> >overall
> >performance. I want to build it right the first time.  It will be mostly on
> >the
> >street, but want to be able to take to the strip.
> >   Did this motor come out with cast or what materials were used
> >internally,
> >any one know?
> >
> >  Thanks, Don

Tom
65 Dart GT 'vert
68 Plymouth 'vert
Longmont, CO

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Sent 0.000002 seconds ago

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
caab6aBb7yoMzf/ UOP

----

b7yoMz.