From: for26hemi@xxxxxxx [mailto:for26hemi@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 10:52 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: fuel tank woes

Marco,
       I had to resurrect a tank I had for a '62, it had a crusty
interior,
but the outside was good. So I sandblasted the tank inside....only had
old
dried up gas in it, man! the crud that came out of that thing! I treated
it with
POR  products to seal it , and keep it from rerusting. I also
beadblasted the
pickup tube inside and out....you can tell when the flow is back up by
how air
passes through it, I just kept using carb cleaner and the bead blaster
till no
more red dust came out. reassembled the tank/sender unit with new sock
and
rubber seal , it worked great!
       Blasting inside the tanks seemed kinda weird, but you need to get
all
that metal clean to get the sealer to bond right, I'd do it again if I
had to.
Good luck, Dan

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caaccMMb7yoMzf/ Sharebuilder

----

b7yoMz.