Old Hemi

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caaccMMb7yoMza/ Sharebuilder

My old 426 Hemi which i redid last year for a fellow in Trenton who bought it has seen new life in a Gas , front engine dragster.
It is now equipped with a pair of Carter 750s on a Rat Roaster Edelbrock intake.
He has a blower style scoop on the carbs so from 20 feet away it looks like a blower.
First pass on the fresh engine , short shifting at 3800 netted a 6.90 in the 1/8 mile. The car owner , BIG Brian (and he is BIG) told the driver to take it easy so by the end of the weekend they were still only shifting at just above 5000 and still running 6:30s in the 1/8.
They put away two other dragsters in the process. One a supercharged Chevy rear engine which they equalled in et but out-mph-ed and another rear engine Big block chevy dragster.
Carbs need a bit of work yet as there is a slight off the line bog but it will be taken care of by next race. Driver says it pulls very very hard on top end and is a bit scary when it gets into the power band. I heard from others (I wasn't there) that it sounds wonderful and could be heard over the competitors BB Chevies anywhere at the track you cared to stand. For its last pass I hear everyone left the pits and came to watch.
I used to shift it about 7400 so we sill see what it runs then. Anyway it is the same motor as is in my gray 63 Dodge Post and 69 Dart on the my website.
It is nice to hear the Old Elephant can still kick the stuffing out of the other guys.
Can't wait till he turns it loose cause it used to love RPM.
Don

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caaccM4b7yoMzf/ Children's Int'l

----

b7yoMz.