  From: <Joeydahook9@xxxxxxx>
  To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 4:34 PM
  Subject: Re: NOT ILLEGAL! WANTED: 1963 Dodge Polara 500

  Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
  Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
  invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
  caaccMMbWnfIXa/ Sharebuilder

    I've been somewhat following this thread and thought I'd throw in my 2
  cents (currently worth 1.3 cents).  This is a Washington thing, and may
not be
  available in your state.  I bought a vehicle from a guy who said he would
get me
  the title "as soon as he could find it."  The car was registered to him,
so I
  got a signed piece of paper as a "Bill of Sale"  The guy split for
California
  and I was unable to locate him.  I contacted DOL who recommended a "Title
for
  Registration Purposes Only".  This is a regular title for the car that
listed
  me as the registered owner.  Under "Legal Owner" it said "for registration
  purposes only, not a proof of ownership".  What this document does is to
allow
  you to register and operate the vehicle.  After 3 years of this, and no
claims
  are levied against the car, you apply for a regular title.  Of course,
this
  means you cannot sell the vehicle for 3 years if you want a clear title.
If you
  do sell the car, the new owner would have to start the process over.  A
lot of
  red tape, but at least you end up with a clear title.  I will never buy
  another car without a clear title in hand due to this.

    On swapping VIN's around, The frame # (if there is one) is the "official
  number" for the car as everything else can be replaced.  If you know a
good
  wrecking yard, or a tow truck operator, they probably have the best info
on
  titling a car since they impound them all the time and often sell them at
auction to
  get their money back.

    Good luck in your project.   Joe

  --

  Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
  productivity with a secure remote-access solution from

  ----
topic.  Thanks!

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
caaceBcb7yoMzf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

----

b7yoMz.