Instrumentation

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
caaccM2b7yoMza/ AIU

Here's a good one that somebody may know about. I'm working on some custom-esque instrumentation for my '65 Polara. I've got it all figured out as to what will go where and how, but there's one snag. I'm trying to make everything look more or less the same. I'm keeping my factory speedometer/odometer, fuel gauge, clock, and oil light. The ammeter will be replaced with a voltmeter, the temp guage with an aftermarket electrical (more accurate), and I will be adding aftermarket electric oil pressure, fuel pressure, and tachometer.
The extra gauges are Stewart Warner from their "Deluxe" series. What I'd like to do is open them up, paint the needles orange (to match my stock gauges) and add a blue lense so that they light the same color as my stock gauges. All that I can do. What I can't figure out is how to close them back up after opening them. These use a metal case with a glass lense and a stainless steel bezel. They are easily opened by using a pick or awl to work around the back edges of the bezel where it's rolled until it has been lifted enough to clear the housing, but I'm not sure how to remove and replace these bezels without making them look lousy from the back (this is really only a problem with my tachometer as it will be painted and free standing atop the column, I can probably close up the pressure gauges with pliers and mount them so that the ugliness is hidden). Anybody got any ideas? Sorry for being longwinded. Thanks!

Dave Casey

NEW Heat-sensitive Hypercolor Thinking Putty from Crazy
Aaron comes in grown up handfuls. It's the creativity
unleashing, desk toy that changes color when you touch it!
caachWvb7yoMzf/ Crazy Aaron's Puttyworld

----

b7yoMz.