New Heads/Rebuild Engine?

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
caaciqTb7yoMza/ExpertCity

Hello all,
My '64 Polara has a 383 with factory four barrell engine with 120,000 miles on it. It is starting to run poorly. It is running roughly in gear and has been using about 1 quart every 500 miles. There also appears to be lots of blow-by coming out of the PCV valve and oil fill hole in the valve covers.

I had the compression checked, and two of the cylinders have 60 pounds of compression in them.

At this point, I don't want to rebuild the entire engine as I don't have the money or time to do it. What should I do to keep it running (cheaply!):

-Have a machine shop get the heads redone?
-Turn them into for an exchange?
-Have the rings done at the same time, or let them be?

I have heard that slapping new heads on the engine is not a good idea since I will simply blow out the bottom end of the engine with the new compression. Since I am using oil, can I easily have the rings done at the same time?

If swapping the heads is the way to go, should I hold onto mine, or not bother? The block is numbers matching and I believe these are high compression heads since the car has dual points.

-How much would the parts/work cost?
-Any ideas for shops/retailers in the San Jose CA area?

Sorry for the long email, but I really want to keep the car going for little $ until I can have the whole engine redone?

Thanks

John

1964 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible 383