From: "Richard Kinsley" <r.kinsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 5:47 PM
Subject: Which carb would be best?

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today - APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
caaciqQb7MlEoa/Discover Card

    I was reading the new, Aug. '04, edition of Mopar Muscle and in the Dick
Landy Performance Clinic section on p122 a reader was asking about
increasing power with decent mileage on his 318 poly in a '65 Coronet. The
reply was to use the Weiand 7503 manifold, an Edelbrock AVS 650 with
electric choke, #1806 and a Dick Landy 268 Deg cam APM 228 with Mopar valve
springs, #P4120249 and mill the heads .040" to raise the compression to
9.5-1.
    My question is whether the #1806 would be better than the #1406 which is
the 600cfm Performer with electric choke. The AVS may be more adjustable
according to the info in the JEGS catalog but the Performer is $100 cheaper.
Is the AVS worth the extra $100? What would our Guru's recommend?
    Also what would be a good choice for a new ignition for this set-up? I
think a new dist. would be in order.

                                                        Rich Kinsley '64
Polara 4 door

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
caaciqTb7MlEof/ExpertCity

----
topic.  Thanks!

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
caaciq1b7yoMzf/UOP

----

b7yoMz.