Honest opinions...what do you think about this setup?

Honest opinions...what do you think about this setup?

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caaciqSb7yoMza/Children's Int'l

After complete consideration of my current and (most likely) future financial situation, here's what I've decided to do.  I'd like the opinions of everyone out there, because I know there's a lot of good knowledge and experience...and experience is the best teacher.

This is what I am doing with the engine...
318 Poly, .040 over, forged pistons w/moly rings, forged crank, new rod and main bearings, Melling high volume oil pump, Milodon high volume water pump, milodon windage tray, Cloyes double roller timing chain, Carter super street fuel pump, 1957 factory Dual-Quad intake manifold, two 500cfm Edelbrock Performer carbs, TTI headers w/custom dual exhaust (when they are released!), mopar electronic ignition, custom ground camshaft/lifters 224@.050.  Haven't touched the heads yet, I think they were given a quick port/polish in the mid 80's rebuild the engine had.

Transmission...1964 TF727 w/console shift, 11" TCI Breakaway torque converter (approx. 2400-2600 stall).  I don't have the torque converter yet, but that's the one I am considering...

Rear end...741 case w/3.73:1 ratio rear end, stock tapered axle.  Found the 3.73 gears, but currently have the 2.76:1 ratio in there...gotta get rid of that!

The wife and I sat down and had to be honest with ourselves...well, ok, I had to be honest about MYSELF and realize my limitations right now...and there's no way I can build the monster drag racer I want to, at least not now.  Because of that, we've decided to go the route shown above, and maybe later on think about something bigger and better (I really like that 500 Wedge Mopar crate...).  I've got lots of body work to be done on the car, the interior needs a complete restoration, I need new suspension...you all can see where I'm going with this...!

I'd really like your guys honest opinions about the setup I am planning.  There's so many good minds out there, and I appreciate the opportunity to tap your brains!

Thanks,
Andy