Re: Intake manifold adapters for Poly

[AD removed for archives]
Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
caacpgGb7yoMza/ExpertCity

Well there's one thing you've forgotten - the order of the ports.
A small block chevy, from front to rear goes: Water, Cyl, Cyl, Cyl, Cyl,
Water.
Small block chrysler and a small ford do the same with an Exhaust port in
the middle.
A poly goes Cyl, Water, Cyl, Exh, Cyl, Water, Cyl.
Thus you'd have to make the adapter such that you switch the water port
around, which makes it ultracomplicated. You'd also be better tyring to
adapt a small Ford intake as it has evenly spaced ports like a poly (chevy
has them paired off like most other mopars). The advantage here is the width
of the poly block. You'd need two large spacers, one on each head, which
routes the cylinder ports and then has individual water ports, one between
the cylinders on the head side, and one at each end on the intake side.
You'd then need to connect these two chambers with a hose so that coolant
can make it from the heads to the intake. As much as that would cost, you'd
be better off fabricating a sheetmetal intake or spending the bucks on
original/vintage stuff.

Dave Casey