Re: Pet peave or Guilty as charged

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacpgjb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

That is OK Dodger, we forgive you. The bonding was far more important. :-)

Dodger7998@xxxxxxx wrote:

Well I guess that I am guilty as charged in the pet peave contest, or at
least deserve the blame for letting it happen,,,,,,,,,,two years ago, my 15 year
old son wanted to build a street rod,,,,his income was zero,,,,,,,,,,,I gave
him parts that I had laying around just to keep up his interests,,,,,,,,,,these
parts included a 46 dodge pickup that I had cut some body parts from, a
cordova rearend, some seats out of a minivan, and the engine and tranny out of one
of my old demolition cars (a 351 windsor). He did all of the work, the
cutting welding, painting, I helped him with the fabrication of parts needed to tie
it all togeather, but he made the parts and installed them. The truck ended up
chopped (top removed) channeled (body lowered 6 inches over frame) and
shortened (3 foot taken out of frame), and the windsor engine installed, the only
out sorced work done to the truck was the exhaust system. Total outlay for the
truck ended up at $680, which include an IH tractor radiator, the exhaust
system, used tires and wheels from a swap meet and cans of spray paint. He was 15
1/2 when it was finished, and had to take me along to drive it in americruise
because of only having a learners permit. Had I known how the truck was going
to turn out, I would have probably opted to have given him a small block
(mopar), maybe even one of the polys for it, but when it started I did not know
where the project would go or even if it would get finished. But now that it is
done, I do not particuilarly want to see it change, because of the memories
and bonding that went into this creation. Anyone that would like to see it
can copy and past the link at end of this message, sorry to say it happens to be
a pic. of me driving instead of him.

dodger

Dennis

65 Dodge Coronet