flat head six conversions

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
caacpgib7yoMza/411Web

The worst problem I see with early conversions to what ever is that the early flat head six bellhousing fit the A series engines once the spacer plate is removed.
We once bolted a 315 Super Red Ram into a 36 Dodge coupe . Only real problem was the exhaust manifold was touching the steering box which we remedied.
I also did the same on my 58 Dodge (on my website) Bolted a 61 poly directly to the original flathead six bellhousing and flywheel. On that car i had to make front engine brackets but that took only about a day at 15 years old.
On the 36 Dodge of my friends the water pump housing front mount worked as is from the original flat six.
I doubt that this is common knowledge  but there are few other makes that this could be done with.

Anyway, Back to our stuff.
Just finished a 383 mild street engine for a fellow and had it here for set up.
It had TRW forged replacement pistons (actual 10 to 1 comp), Total seal rings
pocket ported heads with stock valves cc'd to 84 cc (left some for future planing should it be required) NOS steel head gaskets (from my private reserves) Mp valve springs, Racer Brown hydraulic 230 @ 050 duration 480 lift.
Windage tray , big oil pump and pickup, full grooved mains,  resized rods with good bolts. Plain roller timing chain.(not the true roller with the 9000 tiny little wearable pieces) Perfomer RPM intake and Edelbrock 750 carb with all choke stuff removed and rejetted one step with the orange springs. (Set the float levels on these carbs, they are often off a lot)
Dist is one of the new adjustable advance dist from Mopar (very good piece) set for 2/3 of the allowable advance and timed at 35 total at 3000RPM. Has the MP torque converter (last one before race listing.)
Idles at 750 in gear. Goes real strong even with 3.23 gears.  Smokes the tires (255/70/15s)but also pulls hard upper end
. Has Schumacher headers with 2 1/2 pipes, 2 1/4 tail pipes with a crossover tube and turbo sonic mufflers.Engine was balanced
A very pleasing street combo that runs well , has good manners but will scare the competition.
It runs just fine on pump gas.
Largest part of the time was spent on the heads. (PC seals, new hardened guides,all new valves , spring pressures set, Pockets reworked , head surface and intake surface both planed as required. He wanted original 906 castings so i also installed hardened exhaust seats. (not required in 452 or 346)
Anyway it is a nice street combo for a daily driven Mopar. For more perfomance just upgrade cam and for extreme perfomance 214 intakes would be a good idea.
383 400 combos do not require extensive head mods like the 440 for max performance because being smaller they just don't require that much airflow at moderate perfomance levels. Real fun engines!
Don

[AD removed for archives]
Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
caacpgGb7yoMzf/ExpertCity

----

b7yoMz.