Re: 64 Hemi chassis detail,Quick

[AD removed for archives]
Stories from the Civil Rights Movement. Extraordinary stories, ordinary people. Share your memories today!
caacpgMb7yoMza/AARP

First off, tell him to slow down.
The underside is supposed to be a grey like primer with a clear seal coat.
If he doesn't want it that color, and is willing to deviate on the color , using body color paint, what difference does it make if the undercoating is in the wrong locations, or too thick too?
Sounds like he wants it his way, anyway.

Jimmy

Dave Walters wrote:

[AD removed for archives]

This guy has an original,documented steel nose Hemi car.It has been stripped of paint and he is now wanting info on the underside details.What color should he paint the underside?

This topic has come up before with the consensus being it should be a thin coat of gray primer type paint with some body color overspray present.He is leaning,I think,toward painting the bottom body color(gloss,too) like all the other over-restored car out there.He wants it to be factory accurate though.

Was the undercoating applied at the factory? Was it only applied in the wheelwell area? I'm under the impression that the chassis undercoating was dealer installed as I've seen various thicknesses on cars from different parts of the country.

I told him to talk to Mosher on this topic.Quick help is needed here.He's getting ready to prime the car.

Dave Walters
Denver, Co.

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caacpgIb7QKt5f/Sharebuilder

----

[AD removed for archives]
Sponsor a child today through Children International. Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caacpgsb7yoMzf/ChildrenInternational

----

b7yoMz.