RE: Hemi block

[AD removed for archives]
Stories from the Civil Rights Movement. Extraordinary stories,
ordinary people. Share your memories today!
caacpgMb7yoMza/AARP

Gary Futrell wrote:

> A local guy has a 69 bare Hemi block, standard bore
> with some bare Hemi heads. Heads and block have been
> magnafluxed with no problems. I'd love to entertain
> the idea of this going into my 64 Savoy project. Since
> I've never owned a Hemi, what would this block and
> heads be worth?  I think he also has a cross-ram
> manifold for it. Please e-mail me off list, if you
> have any idea of the value. I just need some kind of
> figure, to see if I'm in the ballpark.
>
>   Thanks, Gary

Gary,

If it's a date coded block/unstamped pad it's worth a small fortune to
the guy missing his numbers matching block.$3-5K if this is the case.If
it's a numbers block,i.e.has serial numbers,then it's still worth a
small fortune.Galen keeps a database of these things and could put you
in touch with the owner who needs it.

The cross ram is another animal!!!It would be 64-65 only either aluminum
for 64 or magnesium for 65.Just make sure it's the genuine Mopar piece
and not the one by A&A.Either way it's $2K minimum.Maybe $3K if it's the
Mopar piece and the '65.

Somewhere around $4K for the block and heads if the they're bare and
truly undamaged.There are some what ifs here,but I'd offer $3K and see
what he says.I can get you P/Ns if you need them.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caacpgIb7yoMzf/Sharebuilder

----

b7yoMz.