From: "Thomas R Hansen" <trandco1@xxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: 65 Satellite Moulding Clips

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacvgpb7fOBRa/OmahaSteaks

> Hi gang,
>
> I need clips for the rocker panel moulding on my 65 Satellite
> convertible. Had to remove the trim today and realized how bad the
> existing clips are. Will buy one, several or a full set.
>
> I've looked through many repro parts vendors and can't seem to find
> these (although that doesn't surprise me).
>
> Hoping for good news...
> Paul Mossberg
> New Providence NJ
> 65 Plymouth Satellite Convertible

 Paul,
  Once upon a time I was looking for these same clips. The two ears that
hold the clip into the rocker, were sprung. There was no way the clips I
had were going to hold the stainless moulding tight against the body. I
finally figured out, I could drill a 1/8" hole between the "ears"  and
use a sheet metal screw to hold the clip in place. It worked out pretty
good, I never lost the trim, and the wheel opening mouldings didn't have
to hold up both ends!  If your clips are rusted away to nothing, then
this idea won't help much, but if you are seeing what I saw, it may work
for you.      Tom in Dallas

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
caacvgub7fOBRf/411Web

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacvgpb7yoMzf/OmahaSteaks

----

b7yoMz.