From my understanding (read - limited knowledge), most all push button
transmissions worked off the same premise. One cable actuating the gears. Is the Park a button or a lever? Is it a separate cable? We found that on the first try of using the "Fingers", the car would hit all the gears except reverse. Since we had the neutral safety switch out to look at these "Fingers" it would start in any gear. When we didn't hit reverse, we re-adjusted the cable to the next "Finger". Went through the gears and it worked. Since there are only two "Fingers" in the transmission cable area, the chances were pretty good we would get it right.

About the tires spinning in neutral. We had the car on jack stands while we did all this and even in neutral, the transmission still made the tires spin somewhat; however, with a load on them, i.e. the car on the ground, it didn't move.

We are currently having the same problem with leakage around the cable. We put a new O-ring in it as well, but upon close observation, the leaking was coming through the cable, not the O-ring. Can't quite figure this one out yet. I feel your pain.

Buck
'62 Savoy

From: WC43613@xxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Consol trans adjustment (was Push button learnings)
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:22:41 EDT

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
caacvgub7IeFNa/411Web

Does this work with a console cable adjustment also?
I'm having trouble with my adjustment after using the web site procedure. My
motor will start in Park but not in neutral. The car also wants to pull when
in neutral as if it's in gear. It goes into reverse all right and seems to
shift into every gear when going down the road. (Took her down the road by the
body shop just to check out the trans shifting. Didn't go much over 40 MPH
though.)
And having trouble with the miserable cable leaking past the O-ring. Changed
it once already, may have to drain the fluid and drop the pan to see what
wrong with the cable adjustment too.

Bill C.

[AD removed for archives]
Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
caacxycb7IeFNf/MyOnlinePayday

----

[AD removed for archives]
Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
caacxycb7yoMzf/MyOnlinePayday

----

b7yoMz.