From: "Jim Jablonski" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 10:02 AM
Subject: Another Power vs, Manual Brake Question ...

[AD removed for archives]
Is America Safe? Give your opinion on Homeland Security and enter
to win!
caacERTbUYx2xa/PermissionData

Dave (or anyone) ... while we're on tht topic of brakes ... here's
another question:

My '64 Fury came factory with power brakes, and with the 4-drum setup, a
single reservoir master cylinder.  Do you know if there's a way to keep
the booster (I've got an OEM replacement in a box), but change out the
master cylinder to a dual reservoir?

I'll convert to front discs down the road, but It'll have to wait for
some $$$ ... so ... should I keep the single master until I convert?  I
was thinking that it might be possible to convert to a dual now, even
though I am still running 4 drums, and adjust it with a manual
proportioning valve ...

Thanks in advance for the great dialogue ...

Jim

Dave Casey wrote:

> It's not that simple.
>
> First of all, you will have to change the brake pedal as the pivot point
> is
> different between a manual and power brake car. You'll have excess
> travel
> and more pedal effort using a manual pedal with a booster than if you
> have
> the power brake pedal.
>
> Also, there is usually a plate on the firewall where your master
> cylinder is
> currently attached. The plate for a power brake car is different as it
> is
> part of what the pedal bracket anchors to. The power brake booster also
> has
> a larger bolt pattern than the master cylinder alone, which is accounted
> for
> in the power brake plate.
>
> Dave Casey

[AD removed for archives]
Give your opinion on Abortion and Win!
caacERNbUYx2xf/PermissionData

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
caacDvMb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.